For a detailed explanation (and professional assistance) , go to the GymForLess web site:
Navigating the newly revamped web site is really easy and fast and it explains in detail the steps needed to “swop” your gym membership for life cover and Vitality membership, and gym membership.
So, to repeat: if you are not on Discovery Health, you can still benefit from the Discovery Vitality ‘world’.
You do not need to belong to Discovery Health to benefit from this deal – in fact, it’s cheaper to purchase an “entry level” life policy than to join Discovery Health. You will also benefit from the Vitality benefits too.
The web site also explains the benefits of getting a Discovery Credit Card and their cash back schemes.
From the Gym For Less web site:
How to get the Discovery Life Insurance and the Vitality Benefit:
Step 1: Purchase a life insurance policy with Discovery Life for a minimum monthly premium of R350.
Step 2: Attach the Vitality Benefit at an additional R116 per month.
Step 3: Discovery Life and Vitality members are entitled to savings and benefits and can join either Virgin Active or Planet Fitness for a R595 once off activation fee.
Result: For only R466 per month – almost the same price as you would pay for a regular gym contract – you get:
* Life insurance with Discovery Life.
* An 80% saving on the monthly fees at either Virgin Active or Planet Fitness. This saving can be increased further with a Visa DiscoveryCard.
* Access to the entire Discovery Vitality Benefit without being on Discovery Health!
* Huge savings with Kulula, British Airways, Imperial Car, Southern Sun, Clicks, Ster Kinekor and many more!
* A saving of up to 25% on over 10,000 HealthyFood™ products at Pick ‘n Pay. Save 100’s of Rands every month!
* Vitality members can get up to 25% of their life insurance premiums paid back to them every 5 years, tax-free!
For more information, why not go to the Gym For Less web site, and contact them if necessary by email. There are also online forms that you can fill in for prompt action (at bottom of the web page).
This is not a scam nor joke – it works. See here for their Financial Services Provider details: True2Life Financial Services (Pty) Ltd details
Note: the joining fees and gym monthly payments will change in 2011 – so act before 17Dec 2010 to benefit from 2010’s scheme and prices – if you join now, then you won’t be affected by the new scheme.