I recently had a request for advice on purchasing a car CD player for music – here’s my suggestion:
If you have your music on a USB stick then why not rather purchase a FM transmitter?
I bought one for less than R150
This is how it works:
1) Memory stick with your mp3 music on
2) Plug the memory stick into the FM transmitter
3) Plug the FM transmitter into your car’s lighter (for power)
4) Press play on the FM transmitter
5) Tune your car’s FM radio into the FM transmitter frequency and voila – your MP3 music in your car!
For example: http://www.cashcrusaders.co.za/products/new_goods/10718
Find a store here: http://www.cashcrusaders.co.za/about_us/store_locator?search=&area=7&store=
The C-Tech FM/MP3 Modulator for R100 from Cash Crusaders:
4 in 1 Card Reader With Cell Phone Charger
Plays MP3 Audio On Your Car Stereo From Any SD/MMC or USB Drive
Cell Phone Charger Fittings For Most Popular Makes & Models
Works for me :)