Sunday 25 May 2008

Say goodbye to the blogger.com error 'Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed'' when trying to add JavaScript to your blog

I have battled whenever I wanted to add various components to my blog's template.... eg: StatCounter, ChangeDetection, BabelTranslate, etc.
The error 'Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed' appeared and I couldn't get the component to appear on my blog!

I have found some converter tools that solve this problem. The trick is that some special characters need to be replaced....
So, if the html code that you are pasting into the blogger.com html template contains the following characters, then they need to be replaced:
<
>
&
"
These need to be replaced with the following:
< becomes &lt;
> becomes &gt;
& becomes &amp;
" becomes &quot;

So, do a search and replace for the above characters
or
use these two tools that do it for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live Traffic Feed

 

Be notified of
page updates
it's private
powered by
ChangeDetection

Copyright © 2008 HandyTechTipper. All articles are released under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 South Africa license, unless where otherwise stated.