I bumped into a mine of information the other day: “Barry’s Best Computer Tips” (BBCT) blog and it’s kept me busy for hours enjoying the tips and free software!
Here are some links to Barry’s Best blog pages that I loved and are applicable to South Africans - I’m sure you’ll enjoy:
- When you're scared enough to say it anonymously, then use: NiceCritic.com
- Find free Wi-Fi anywhere: WeFi
- Last Freeware Version - Go back to when it was free: Last Freeware Version
- Best By Golly Blogger Backup Bar None: Blogger Backup
- Free Open Source Alternative to Microsoft Project: OpenProj
- Project management using Excel: Excel Time Sheets and Resource Management
- Excel tips, tricks and tutorials to die for: Pointy Haired Dilbert
- Free web-based project management tools: OfficeZilla
- Drag your windows to hell and gone: AltDrag
- Share your printer over the Internet: PrinterShare
- Optimized pointer utility for multiple monitors: Multi Monitor Mouse
- Rearrange your taskbar buttons: TaskBar Shuffle (that’s the bar at the bottom of your Windows screen)
- Free employee scheduling software: ezDRoster
- For Newsletter Lovers:: LetterPop
- Make (alt-Tab) windows switching windows much easier with free TaskSwitchXP
- Find files and emails and images and anything else on your PC fast and easily: Copernic Desktop Search
Note from HTT: the latest version of Copernic Desktop Search Home 3.2 has some very useful features disabled (until you pay for the pro version) – so, rather download and install an older version 2.3 from here: Copernic Desktop Search Home 2.3 build 18
- Measure a space on your screen (Firefox extension) for say a logo: Measure Your Thing with "Measure It"
- Speed Up Windows XP: 2 Quick Tips
- RSS Feeds: What they Are and How they Work
- Web-based, 2D/3D interactive floor planner: FloorPlanner.com
- A powerful, free 3-D floor-plan designer: AutoDesk Project Dragonfly
- Get 30 free pages of OCR daily: OCR Terminal
- A Flash app that adds a nice effect to photos: TiltShift Generator (blur effect on a photo)
Thanks Barry – keep up the gr8 work “Consistently delivering only the best computer tips, Internet tools and software news.”
Barry's Best Computer Tips is updated several times every day; the easiest way to get your daily dose is by subscribing to his news feed. Stay on top of all our updates by subscribing now via RSS or Email.
Follow Barry on Twitter.